New Relic is the all-in-one web application performance management provider for the cloud and the datacenter. Its SaaS solution combines real user monitoring, server monitoring, application monitoring, and availability monitoring in a single solution built from the ground up. It changes the way organizations manage web application performance in real-time, enabling developers and operations teams to quickly and cost effectively monitor, troubleshoot, and tune application performance.
- Server Monitoring: See your servers from the app perspective. Get an at-a-glance view of the impact of server utilization on overall app performance and drill down for summary system metrics for CPU, memory, network activity, and processes.
- SQL/NoSQL Performance: View detailed performance analytics for your database. Get detailed performance analytics, like slowest database transactions down to the code level and usage and performance trends over time, for relational SQL, NoSQL, or both.
- Deployment History: View code deployments alongside app performance data. Spot a bad version before users are affected and track app performance over time for each deployment.
- Transaction Tracing: Zero in on problems fast, no matter where they occur. See full stack traces of entire responses. Get detailed timelines of individual requests and perform SQL queries within specific transactions.
- Availability Monitoring: Get immediate alerts when apps go down, even for a minute. Get live 24x7 availability monitoring and customize downtime thresholds.
- Proactive Notifications: Be the first to know about issues or unusual behavior. Set thresholds on critical metrics and get email, phone, and SMS alerts when you need them.
- App Map: Quickly map app architecture. Easily display a topology system view that shows your app's connected systems and services. Connections needing attention are easy to isolate, allowing you to rapidly determine where to take action.
- Scalability Analysis: Know how your application will scale. Plot response time, CPU, and database utilization against throughput and make adjustments based on real data to ensure steady app performance over time.
New Relic Standard Includes:
- Unlimited Users
- 24x7 App Monitoring
- 24x7 Real User Monitoring
- 24x7 Server Monitoring
- Performance Troubleshooting
- Proactive Alerting
- Database Performance
- Support: online/email
- Data retention: 7 Days
New Relic Pro Includes:
- Unlimited Users
- 24x7 Transaction Analysis and Breakdown
- Real User Analysis and Breakdown
- 24x7 Server Monitoring
- Database Analysis and Breakdown
- Error Detection and Analysis
- Reporting and Optimization
- Proactive Alerting
- Support: Online, Email and Phone
- Data Retention: Unlimited Volume
Minimum End User Terms and Conditions
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to the New Relic application performance monitoring service (the “Service”), a service of New Relic, Inc. (“New Relic”, “we”, or “us”). Please read these Terms of Service carefully, as they contain the legal terms and conditions that govern your use and access of the Service.
New Relic reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time by posting an updated version of such Terms of Service at http://rpm.newrelic.com/terms_of_service no later than thirty (30) days prior to the posted effective date of such update. If you continue to use or access the Service after the posted effective date, you hereby agree to the updated Terms of Service. Unless New Relic otherwise indicates, your use of any new features, changes, and enhancements to the current Service, including the release of new features and resources, shall be subject to the
Terms of Service. Account Terms
1. You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested during the account signup process in order to obtain an account. You must ensure that all account information remains complete and accurate.
2. You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
3. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password, and are responsible for all activities conducted using your account and password. New Relic cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
4. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, you may use the Service only in accordance with the use parameters of your account’s plan level (“Plan Level”), including host limitations, and you agree not to attempt to circumvent such limitations. Payment and Pricing Terms Payment and pricing terms for the Service are set forth on New Relic’s pricing information page available at http://www.newrelic.com/get-RPM.html, which is incorporated by reference into these
Terms of Service. Cancellation and Termination
1. You will continue to be billed for the Service until New Relic terminates your account in accordance with these Terms of Service or you properly cancel your account. You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. You can cancel your account by using the New Relic Admin console.
2. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect upon completion of the billing cycle that has already been paid.
3. New Relic, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other New Relic service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the suspension or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account. New Relic reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. New Relic reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
2. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from New Relic. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the New Relic Site (www.rpm.newrelic.com or www.newrelic.com) or the Service itself. If you do not agree to such pricing change, you may cancel your account during such 30-day period. By continuing to use the Service after the effective date of such pricing change, you hereby agree to such pricing change.
3. New Relic shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Miscellaneous
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles that may require the application of the law of a different jurisdiction. For any dispute or proceeding arising from or relating to this Agreement, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, the state courts located in San Francisco County, California, and in the federal courts located in the Northern District of California. The failure of New Relic to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and New Relic and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and New Relic (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).