Service root URL
This service supports both fixed and flexible query. Some queries may include required input parameters. (learn more about query types)
LEXISNEXIS® DEVELOPER LICENSE AGREEMENT
THIS DEVELOPER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("Agreement") legally binds you, the software developer, ("you") and LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. ("LN"). If you do not agree to this Agreement, you may not, download, copy or use LN APIs. An "API" means an application programming interface (or similar technology) offered by LN to allow third parties to display LN content to their users, in addition to its LN content markup and documentation. If you are developing on behalf of a company or other organization, you represent that you have authority to bind that entity to this Agreement, in which case the terms "you" or "your" shall refer to such entity.
1. API License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, LN grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use a downloaded API to develop, enable, and distribute or publish your LN content delivery software application or website (the “Application”). You may use the APIs to allow bona fide end users of the Application (“End Users”) to access and view authorized LN content and functionality. LN reserves all other rights to APIs not expressly licensed herein.
2. API Restrictions. Regarding your API license, you may not:
(a) modify, obscure, circumvent, or disable any element of the APIs or their control features;
(b) use the APIs in any way that harms or disparages LN or LN products or services, infringes LN intellectual property or other rights, or violates applicable laws and regulations;
(c) use the APIs with an Application that is offensive, abusive, harassing, threatening, discriminatory, vulgar, pornographic, unethical, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate as determined by LN in its sole discretion; or
(d) conceal or disguise your identity from LN.
All use of APIs is subject to reasonable information security policies and procedures from LN which may not be fully disclosed and shall vary from time to time. You may not redistribute, sublicense, or assign this Agreement or your API license to any third party without the prior written consent of LN.
3. API Content.
(a) Access. The APIs will provide you limited access to certain LN content made available by LN ("API Content"). API Content offered under this Agreement must be received only through proper use of the APIs and when used with the Application and may not be republished, disclosed, or used outside of the Application without the consent of LN. LN reserves the right to limit access to API Content and LN technology, such as by restricting the number and bandwidth of transactions delivered to an Application within commercially reasonable limits. If certain API Content requires user authentication to access, you may: (i) access such API Content only if you are an authorized user and (ii) distribute such API Content to only authorized End Users who, depending on the type of API Content, may require a relevant subscription or license to access such API Content.
(b) License. Along with this Agreement, the applicable LexisNexis Terms & Conditions located at http://www.lexisnexis.com/terms/general.aspx. and applicable content documentation provided to you (collectively, the "API Content License") govern your use of API Content. You acknowledge that disclosure by LN of API Content may be subject to third party licenses which may change, expire, or terminate from time to time, and LN may need to modify or cancel your access to such API Content and its applicable API due to such license modifications. You acknowledge that LN may watermark API Content for verification of compliance and may use data capture, syndication analysis and other similar tools to track, extract, compile, aggregate, archive, disclose, and analyze any data or information resulting from use of an API.
4. Application Functionality. Your Application may enhance the display of the API Content to better format the API Content or otherwise enhance the Application’s end user experience. Any other modification of API Content must be acceptable per the applicable API Content License. If the API returns hyperlinks to an LN website, the Application may display an acceptable label for the hyperlink, but the Application must use the complete, unaltered URL as the HREF or comparable functional link given to the End User for proper tracking and functionality. You must follow all API Content rules provided in the applicable API documentation, , such as placing copyright or attribution notices and caching, storing, or archiving API Content only in accordance with the documentation and cache control headers included with the API. You will diligently correct any material bugs or faults in the Application that cause it to incorrectly access or display API Content.
5. Use of LN Trademarks. You will strictly follow all guidelines identified in the API documentation or otherwise provided to you regarding proper use of LN trademarks, brands, logos, domain names, and product names ("LN Trademarks"). Your use of LN Trademarks: (i) must be in conjunction with the API or API Content; (ii) cannot be to disparage or harm LN; (iii) is subject to LN review; and (iv) shall enure to the exclusive goodwill benefit of LN.
6. Support. LN will provide basic technical support via web forums, FAQ’s, or other Internet-based documentation to authorized developers at its sole discretion.
7. Updates. LN reserves the right to update the APIs from time to time, LN will strive to make API updates that do not affect the successful operation of applications using existing API versions. You will be responsible for verifying that your Application continues to operate properly after an update is released. Notwithstanding this Section, LN may always, in its sole discretion, make immediate API updates or disable existing APIs for security purposes or when a faulty API otherwise harms the interests of LN.
(a) Minor Changes. For API changes classified as minor (non-breaking changes), LN will provide a beta version of the new API and will run the new beta in parallel with the existing version for a period of no less than six weeks before upgrading the live servers.
(b) Major Changes. From time to time, it may be necessary for LN to make a major (breaking change) update to an API. When a major update is made, LN will operate both the deprecated version and new version for a period of no less than eighteen months to allow API developers to update their software and, as necessary, notify their End Users. After the eighteen month period, LN may then decommission the deprecated API version.
8. Auditing. Promptly upon request, you agree to provide LN reasonable access to your finished Application review of compliance with the API Content License and this Agreement.
9. Nondisclosure. You acknowledge and agree that LN considers the APIs and non-public information about the APIs disclosed to you ("API Confidential Materials") to be confidential and proprietary information of LN which may not be disclosed to any third party without the prior written consent of LN. Upon termination of this Agreement, you agree to destroy all copies of the API Confidential Materials in your possession or control, except as retained in protected archive locations. The API Content License may set forth other non-disclosure obligations for API Content which supersede any conflicting terms herein.
10. Intellectual Property. LN retains intellectual property rights to its APIs, API Content, LN Trademarks, and all other LN intellectual property related to this Agreement, even if included with your Application. LN does not obtain intellectual property rights to the rest of your Application.
11. Indemnification. You shall indemnify and hold harmless LN and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns for any End User or other third party claim of loss, liablity, or damage against LN (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) related to your Application, your use of the APIs or API Content, or your violation of this Agreement. LN reserves the right to defend itself or hold you responsible for defending such claim, subject to LN’s right to participate in such defense or settlement at its cost. You will reasonably cooperate with LN in any such defense at your cost.
12. Your Warranties. You warrant and represent to LN that you: (i) have a legitimate, lawful purpose for downloading and using the APIs; (ii) will perform no act that harms LN or its rights and interests in the APIs and API Content; (iii) will comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and applicable laws and regulations in material respects; and (iv) will promptly block, and notify LN of, any known prohibited use of the APIs or the API Content by your End Users.
13. LN Warranties. LN PROVIDES THE APIs AND API CONTENT ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. LN DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. LN FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW REGARDING THE APIs AND API CONTENT, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. LN FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE APIs. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE APIs AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM OR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE APIs.
14. Limitation of Liability. THE APIs ARE PROVIDED TO YOU AT A NOMINAL CHARGE. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE THAT LN SHALL HAVE LIMITED LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR BASED ON YOUR USE OF THE APIs. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF LN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. LN’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT, IN ANY EVENT, EXCEED THE NOMINAL CHARGE PAID BY YOU FOR THE API LICENSE.
15. Right to Terminate. LN may suspend API or API Content access or terminate this Agreement without notice in its sole discretion, without liablity to you for such suspension or termination. You may terminate this Agreement without notice by ceasing licensed use of the APIs. In event of a termination, you agree to promptly remove the APIs from your Application, delete any API Content you possess or control, and cease your licensed uses of the APIs.
17. General Provisions. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. The Parties hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in New York, New York in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement, and waive any other venue to which either party might be entitled by domicile or otherwise. Nothing in this Agreement will be construed as creating a partnership or joint venture of any kind between the parties, and neither of us will have the authority to bind the other party or to contract in the name of or create a liability against the other party in performing its obligations or exercising its rights under this Agreement. This Agreement, which includes the documents referenced herein, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement supersedes any and all prior proposals and agreements (oral or written) between the parties related to your use of the APIs and can only be modified by a writing signed by you and a duly authorized officer of LN. Notice may be provided to you by email to your email address identified upon registration with LN. You are solely responsible for maintaining a functional email address; updating LN, as necessary, with email address changes; and reading any delivered messages from LN. Notice to LN must be given by express courier or certified mail to: Attn: LexisNexis Global Legal Department, Intellectual Property Group, 9443 Springboro Pike, Miamisburg, OH, 45342. Sections 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, and 17 shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Not available in your market
Microsoft PowerPivot For Excel 2010
Learn how to use Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010, with this and other DataMarket data, to create compelling self-service BI solutions.
Learn how to visualize this and other DataMarket datasets in Tableau. Tableau’s rapid fire business intelligence solution provides best-in-class data visualization and web dashboards anyone can use.
Learn How To Use This Data In Visual Studio
Learn how to seamlessly consume DataMarket data in Visual Studio with strongly-typed data access and full IntelliSense support to ease development.