Service root URL
This service supports fixed query. Some queries may include required input parameters. (learn more about query types)
No input parameters
ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT
Dated: March 2016
Section 1 - Description of Services
Section 2 - Acceptance of Terms
By creating an account or accepting this contract, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or have reached the age of "majority" where you live, if that is not 18 years of age. If you are under 18 or have not reached the age of majority, your parent or legal guardian must set up an account on your behalf and accept this contract. Please note that Microsoft does not provide warranties for the Service. This contract also limits our liability. These terms are in sections 10 and 14. Please read them carefully.
Section 3 - License
During the term of your subscription and subject to your compliance with this contract, Microsoft provides you a non-exclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicensable, worldwide license to:
- use the API and access the Service to embed the API and underlying content into the Application so that the Application can interface directly with the Service;
- use the API and access the Service to host and present results from the Service on the Application; and
- use the documentation, media, and other materials made available by Microsoft from time to time for use with the Service and API solely in support of you exercising your rights in this license.
Section 4 - Microsoft Marks
During the term of your subscription, you will provide attributions to the Service as outlined on https://www.aka.ms/TranslatorAttributionGuide.
Section 5 - Modifications
Microsoft may change the Service or delete features of the Service at any time and for any reason. For any changes or deletions that Microsoft has reason to know may disrupt your use of the Service, Microsoft will provide six (6) months' notice by posting the relevant information on the Microsoft Translator Support site at https://www.aka.ms/TranslatorSupport regarding such changes or deletions. Other than as provided in Section 8, or if required to satisfy or comply with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, Microsoft will not cancel, suspend or terminate your use of the Service during the term of your subscription.
Section 6 - Use Restrictions
- Distribute, sell, resell, loan, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, assign or otherwise share or dispose your access credentials, or any part thereof, to any third party (excluding legal affiliates such as majority owned subsidiaries or foreign representations);
- Distribute, sell, resell, loan, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, assign or otherwise transfer the API, or any part thereof, to any third party;
- Syndicate, distribute, publish, facilitate, enable, or allow access or linking to the Service directly from the API or any location or source other than the Application (or in any manner except directly to users through the Application);
- Modify, reverse engineer or otherwise alter the API (except to the extent this is authorized by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation);
- Use or retain the translated text, audio or any other data from the Service for the purpose of developing or training a translation program, translation service or for any other machine learning system specifically related to translation or a translation service;
- Share or distribute the translated text, audio or any other data from the Service to any third party for the purpose of developing or training a translation program, translation service or for any other machine learning system specifically related to translation or a translation service;
- Use the Service or API for any illegal purpose;
- Misrepresent your identity or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Service;
- Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service (or any network connected to the Service);
- Use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Service;
- Use the Service to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Knowingly transmit any virus, worm, defect, or any other item intended to destroy, surreptitiously interfere with, expropriate, or exert unauthorized control over any system or data or to defraud any person; and
- Remove, modify, or tamper with any notice or link that is incorporated into the Service.
Section 7 - Reservation of Rights
Microsoft retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the Service, API, and any materials Microsoft makes available through the Microsoft Translator webpage of the Marketplace Service. This includes all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted.
Section 8 - Term
Section 9 - Submissions Provided to Microsoft
Microsoft does not claim ownership of the content you or your customers submitted to the Service. Your content remains your content. Microsoft does not control, verify, or endorse the content that you, your customers or others submit to the Service.
If your subscription expires or is suspended, canceled or terminated, all content submitted pursuant to that subscription may be permanently deleted or irretrievable from Microsoft's servers. Microsoft has no obligation to return such content to you.
Section 10 - Privacy
Please refer to the Microsoft Translator Privacy Statement found at: https://www.aka.ms/translatorprivacy.
Section 11 - No Warranty
- Microsoft provides the Service, the API, and associated materials "as is," "with all faults," and "as available".
- Microsoft does not guarantee the suitability, reliability, availability, accuracy or timeliness of information available from the Service or API.
- Microsoft does not guarantee that the Service or API will be uninterrupted, secure, error-free or that data loss will not occur.
- You acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional periods of downtime will occur.
- Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees, or conditions. Microsoft disclaims all warranties with regard to the Service, the API, and associated materials. This includes any implied warranties (e.g., those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title, and non-infringement).
- You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws that this contract cannot change.
Section 12 - Copyright and Trademarks
All Service materials, except user-generated content, are Copyright © 2016 Microsoft. All rights reserved. Copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties protect any software or materials provided as part of the Service. Microsoft or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the software and materials.
Information on Microsoft trademarks is available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/trademarks/usage/default.aspx. This contract does not grant or imply any rights to any Microsoft or supplier trademark, trade name or logo. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Section 13 - Copyright Claim Notice and Procedure
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Service provider's designated agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. For details and contact information see Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrtinfrg.htm.
Section 14 - Claims Must Be Filed Within One Year
To the extent permitted by law, any claim related to this contract, the Service, the API or associated materials must be brought within one year. The one-year period begins on the date when the claim first accrues. Any claim that is not filed within that time is permanently barred. This section applies to you and your successors. It also applies to us and our successors and assigns.
Section 15 - Limitation of Liability
You can recover from Microsoft for all successful claims only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages and lost profits.
This limitation applies to anything related to this contract, for example:
- The Service;
- The API;
- Loss of data;
- Your content, third party content (including code), third party programs, or third party conduct;
- Viruses or other disabling features that affect your access to or use of the Service;
- Incompatibility between the Service, API and other services, software, hardware or Applications;
- Delays or failures you may have in initiating, conducting, or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with the Service in an accurate or timely manner; and
- Claims for breach of contract; breach of warranty, guarantee, or condition; misrepresentation; strict liability; negligence; or other tort.
This contract does not affect the statutory rights of any consumer. It also does not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury arising from Microsoft's negligence, fraud, or its gross negligence or willful intent. Some or all of these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you if your state, province, or country does not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Section 16 - Notice
Microsoft may send you, in electronic form, information about the Service, additional information, and information the law requires Microsoft to provide. Microsoft may provide required information to you by email at the address you specified when you signed up for the Service. Notices emailed to you will be deemed given and received when the email is sent. If you don't consent to receive notices electronically, you must stop using the service.
Section 17 - Support
Microsoft offers support for the Service on the Microsoft Translator Support forum: www.aka.ms/TranslatorSupport and via email.
Section 18 - Your Privacy Practices
Section 19 - Export
The Service and API are subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Service and API. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
Section 20 - No Additional Obligations
Nothing contained in this contract is deemed to grant you or Microsoft, directly or by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license other than any specific grant mentioned in this contract. Nothing in this contract will require you or Microsoft to enter into any additional agreements (including any license agreement or other agreement that could grant you any further rights in the Service or API). Microsoft has no obligation to update or make available any further versions of the Service or API.
Section 21 - Contract Interpretation
Section 22 - Assignment
Microsoft may assign, transfer, sell, rent, lend or otherwise dispose our rights and obligations under this contract. Microsoft may do this in whole or part, at any time without notice to you. You may not temporarily or permanently assign any part of this contract or any rights to use the Service to any other party. Any attempt to do so is void.
Section 23 - Governing Law
Contracting party, choice of law, and location for resolving disputes. (a) If you live in or your business is headquartered in North or South America, you are contracting with Microsoft Corp., One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA, and Washington State law governs the interpretation of this contract and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. All other claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will be subject to the laws of your state of residence in the United States, or, if you live outside the United States, the laws of the country to which Microsoft directs your Service. You and Microsoft irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in King County, Washington, USA, for all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.
(b) If you live in or your business is headquartered in Europe, you are contracting with Microsoft Luxembourg S.à.r.l., 20 Rue Eugene Ruppert, Immeuble Laccolith, 1st Floor, L-2543 Luxembourg. All claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will be subject to the laws of Luxembourg or of the country in which you reside. With respect to jurisdiction, you may choose the responsible court in Luxembourg or in the country in which you reside for all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.
(c) If you live in or your business is headquartered in the Middle East or Africa, you are contracting with Microsoft Luxembourg S.à.r.l., 20 Rue Eugene Ruppert, Immeuble Laccolith, 1st Floor, L-2543 Luxembourg, and the laws of Luxembourg govern the interpretation of this contract and apply to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. All other claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will be subject to the laws of the country to which Microsoft directs your Service. You and Microsoft irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Luxembourg courts for all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.
(d) Unless your country is specifically called out below, if you live in or your business is headquartered in Asia or the South Pacific, you are contracting with Microsoft Regional Sales Corp., a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Nevada, USA, with a branch in Singapore, having its principal place of business at 438B Alexandra Road, #04-09/12, Block B, Alexandra Technopark, Singapore, 119968, and Washington State law govern this contract. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity, or termination, will be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC), which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The Tribunal will consist of one arbitrator to be appointed by the Chairman of SIAC. The language of arbitration will be English. The decision of the arbitrator will be final, binding, and incontestable, and it may be used as a basis for judgment in any country or region.
(e) If you live in or your business is headquartered in Japan, you are contracting with Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd (MSKK), Shinagawa Grand Central Tower, 2-16-3 Konan Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075. The laws of Japan govern this contract and any matters arising out of or relating to it. You and Microsoft irrevocably agree to the exclusive original jurisdiction and venue of the Tokyo District Court for all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.
(f) If you live in or your business is headquartered in China, you are contracting with Microsoft Corp., One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA. As to those Services, Washington State law governs this contract, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in King County, Washington, USA, is nonexclusive.
(g) If you live in or your business is headquartered in Korea, you are contracting with Microsoft Korea, Inc., 6th Floor, POSCO Center, 892 Daechi-Dong, Kangnam-Gu, Seoul, 135-777, Korea, and the laws of the Republic of Korea govern this contract. You and Microsoft irrevocably agree to exclusive original jurisdiction and venue of the Seoul District Court for all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.
(h) If you live in or your business is headquartered in Taiwan, you are contracting with Microsoft Taiwan Corp., 8F, No 7 Sungren Road, Shinyi Chiu, Taipei, Taiwan 110, and the laws of Taiwan govern this contract. You and Microsoft irrevocably designate the Taipei District Court as the court of first instance having jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract.
per monthSign Up
Microsoft PowerPivot For Excel 2010
Learn how to use Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010, with this and other DataMarket data, to create compelling self-service BI solutions.
Learn how to visualize this and other DataMarket datasets in Tableau. Tableau’s rapid fire business intelligence solution provides best-in-class data visualization and web dashboards anyone can use.
Learn How To Use This Data In Visual Studio
Learn how to seamlessly consume DataMarket data in Visual Studio with strongly-typed data access and full IntelliSense support to ease development.